Assist dentist, set up equipment, prepare patient for treatment, and keep records.
- Prepare patient, sterilize or disinfect instruments, set up instrument trays, prepare materials, or assist dentist during dental procedures.
- Expose dental diagnostic x-rays.
- Record treatment information in patient records.
- Provide postoperative instructions prescribed by dentist.
- Assist dentist in management of medical or dental emergencies.
- Take and record medical and dental histories and vital signs of patients.
- Instruct patients in oral hygiene and plaque control programs.
- Order and monitor dental supplies and equipment inventory.
- Fabricate temporary restorations or custom impressions from preliminary impressions.
- Clean teeth, using dental instruments.
Clean teeth and examine oral areas, head, and neck for signs of oral disease. May educate patients on oral hygiene, take and develop x-rays, or apply fluoride or sealants.
- Clean calcareous deposits, accretions, and stains from teeth and beneath margins of gums, using dental instruments.
- Record and review patient medical histories.
- Examine gums, using probes, to locate periodontal recessed gums and signs of gum disease.
- Provide clinical services or health education to improve and maintain the oral health of patients or the general public.
- Feel and visually examine gums for sores and signs of disease.
- Expose and develop x-ray film.
- Chart conditions of decay and disease for diagnosis and treatment by dentist.
- Maintain dental equipment and sharpen and sterilize dental instruments.
- Apply fluorides or other cavity preventing agents to arrest dental decay.
- Feel lymph nodes under patient’s chin to detect swelling or tenderness that could indicate presence of oral cancer.
|Description||2016 Jobs||2026 Jobs
- Dental Assistant – Certificate
- Dental Hygienist – Associate Degree